How to Play Deuces Solitaire
Deuces Solitaire is a two-deck solitaire game that gets its name because you start the game with 2s already placed in the foundation.
How to Play
Your goal is to move all cards to the 8 foundation piles by suit in ascending order. You do this by moving and organizing cards from the stock pile and tableau.
The Setup and Play Area
Foundation piles: These are the 8 piles that start with 2s. Place cards here in ascending order by suit, starting with 2s and ending with Aces.
Tableau piles: This area consists of 10 piles, with 1 card dealt to each to begin the game.
Stock pile: The rest of the cards, or 94 total, go into the stock pile. Cards are dealt 1 at a time from the stock pile, and you only get 1 pass through.
Waste pile: The top card of the waste pile can be moved to either the foundation or the tableau if it is a legal move.
- Foundations must be built in ascending order by suit. For example, a foundation pile will start with a Two of Spades placed there at the beginning of the game, followed by a 3 of Spades and so on until it ends with an Ace of Spades.
- Tableau cards can be moved by sequencing them in descending order by suit. For example, you can move a 9 of Clubs on top of a 10 of Clubs in another tableau column.
- You cannot move multiple cards at one time.
- The last card of each tableau column can be moved to the foundation.
- Any card can move into empty tableau columns.
- Move 3s to the foundations as soon as they’re available. This will clear the card from the tableau, enabling you to build more.
- Try to build the foundations evenly. If one foundation is built immediately in the game, you now have fewer cards of that color to help you sequence.
- Try to empty the tableau columns quickly. This allows you to move higher-ranking cards, like Kings, to these empty columns and free up cards to help you sequence. It also helps you move cards from the stock pile.
- If you get stuck, use the undo button. You may not always make the right moves, and you may need to reverse some to win the game.
Frequently Asked Questions
What are the odds of winning?
When looking at 642 random games played, 170 were won, making the win rate 26.48%. This makes your chances of winning approximately 1 in 4.
What are other popular Solitaire games?
Be sure to check out these Solitaire games: