Play TriPeaks Solitaire Online for Free
Play unlimited games of TriPeaks Solitaire and:
- Compete against others in the game of the day.
- Use hints and undos to help you learn and win.
What is TriPeaks Solitaire?
TriPeaks is a relatively new game, developed in 1989 by Robert Hogue as part of Windows Entertainment Pack 3. Also known as Three Peaks, Triple Peaks, or Tri Towers, it’s a quick and simple adding and pairing game.
How to Play
Unlike most solitaire card games, your aim isn’t to build foundation piles from aces to kings in each suit. For a TriPeaks card game, you just need to clear the tableau. To remove cards, you’ll pick cards valued either one rank above or below the last card removed. So, if the last card you moved to the waste pile was a 3, you can then move either a 2 or a 4.
The Setup and Play Area
There are three main areas in the game:
Tableau piles: These are the cards that form, 3 pyramids or peaks, of 6 face-down cards each. The bottom is a row of ten face-up cards to connected to the 3 peaks.
Stock pile: This pile is the remainder of the deck that hasn’t gone into the tableau piles.
Waste pile: The cards you remove from the tableau make up the waste pile.
28 cards will be in the tableau and 24 cards in the stock pile, totaling 52 cards.
- Start by moving a face-up card from the tableau into the waste pile.
- You can move a card that is one rank higher or lower than the previous card played. Color and suit don’t matter.
- If you can’t move any playable cards, pull from the stock pile.
- As you remove cards from the tableau, face-down cards previously covered will be flipped over, making them playable.
- You can only pass through the stock pile once. If it runs out and there are still cards in the tableau, you lose the game.
- You win when all cards are cleared from the tableau.
To win a TriPeaks Solitaire game, you’ll want to pay close attention and follow these tips:
- Look for long sequences. Try to remove cards in the longest possible sequences. Avoid depending on that stock pile until it becomes absolutely necessary.
- Reveal as many new cards as you can. If you have a choice between a top card that’s blocking 1 new card, or one that’s blocking 2 new cards, always pick the option that will reveal 2 cards. This will increase your odds of getting new cards you can play quickly.
Frequently Asked Questions
What are other adding and pairing Solitaire games?
What is the probability of winning TriPeaks?
We looked at 161,604 random games played. Of those, 82,489 were won, or 51.04%.
What are other popular Solitaire games to try?
If you like TriPeaks, try these games: