Play Triple Klondike Solitaire Online for Free
Play unlimited games of Triple Klondike and:
- Compete against others in the game of the day.
- Use hints to help you learn and win.
- Undo and redo moves.
What is Triple Klondike Solitaire?
Triple Klondike is Klondike Solitaire with 3 decks. Given that you have more options, it’s a easier, though longer, version of the game.
How to Play
Your goal is to move all cards to the 12 foundation piles by suit from Ace to King in ascending order.
The Setup and Play Area
Foundation piles: These are the 12 piles where you aim to move playable cards in order from Ace to King by suit. Successfully placing all 156 cards in the foundation wins the game.
Tableau piles: This area consists of 13 columns, with the first column containing one card and each subsequent column containing one additional card. Each card starts face down, except the last card in each column, which is face-up. In total, there are 91 cards in the tableau.
Stock pile: The rest of the cards, or 65 total, go into the stock pile.
Waste pile: Cards are moved one at a time from the stock pile to the waste pile. The top card of the waste pile can be moved to either the foundation or the tableau if it is a legal move.
- Foundations must be built in ascending order by suit. For example, a foundation pile will start with an Ace of Diamonds, and end with a King of Diamonds.
- Tableaus are sequenced in descending order, alternating between red and black. For example, you can move a 5 of Clubs on top of a 6 of Hearts in another tableau column.
- The top card of each pile can be played on the foundation piles.
- You can move a single card or multiple cards at a time. To move a group of cards, they must be sequenced, and the top card of that group must be placed on top of another card of the opposite suit and one rank higher.
- The top card of the waste pile can be played into the tableau or foundation. You dispense cards from the stock pile into the waste pile.
- Only Kings can move into empty tableau columns.
- Reveal face-down cards early. Aim to reveal as many face-down cards as possible. This allows you to see what cards you’ve got and what moves you can make.
- Move aces to the foundations as soon as they’re available. This will clear the card from the tableau, enabling you to build more.
- Try to build the foundations evenly. If one foundation is built immediately in the game, you now have less cards of that color to help you sequence.
- Try to empty the tableau columns quickly. This allows you to move Kings to these empty columns and free up cards to help you sequence.
- Only empty a tableau once you have a king to fill the slot. It’s best to empty a tableau once you know you have a king. Otherwise, you may block other potential moves.
- Try to reveal cards in the larger tableau columns first. Critical cards may be placed behind numerous cards in these columns. Prioritize revealing them.
Frequently Asked Questions
What are the odds of winning?
When looking at 9,199 random games played, 3,880 were won, making the win rate 42.18%. This is higher than Klondike’s win rate of 33.29%
What are similar games to try?
What are other popular Solitaire games?
Be sure to check out these Solitaire games: