How to Play Word Hurdle
- Begin by guessing a 6 letter word
- After guessing you’ll see boxes turn blue, gray, and yellow.
- Blue means you have guessed the correct placement for the letter.
- Yellow means you have guessed the correct letter but it’s in the wrong place
- Gray means the letter is not in the word
- Based on the what you learn from the highlighted boxes, you have six guess to figure out the word
- You can use hints to to find out what letters are not part of the word
Join our Facebook community to connect with other Word Hurdle fans, discuss strategies, and suggest new games!
World Hurdle Strategy
Word Hurdle requires strategy and logic to guess the 6-letter word. Here are some tips:
- Start with common letters. Words often contain vowels like A, E, I, O and consonants like T, N, S, R, L. Guessing words with these letters can quickly provide information.
- Balance vowel and consonant combinations. Mix vowels and consonants helps uncover the letter distribution.
- Avoid repeating letters at first unless you're sure the word contains duplicates.
- Consider the word's structure. If you know the last letter end in a Y, think of letters than can precede a Y
What are good words to use?
Words contain common vowels (A, E, I, O) and consonants (R, L, N, S, T) can maximize the information you gain from your early guesses and set you up to solve the game. Here are some good words to try:
About Word Hurdle?
Word Hurdle was founded in February 2022 on Wordhurdle.in, and inspired by Wordle where you have to guess a 5 letter word. In May 2022, we acquired the site and moved it to Solitaired.com. This game is the original Word Hurdle game.